Sunday, August 17, 2008

More worm stuff

Have been picking and smashing cabbage worms (normally, I'm not a violent person, but I really don't want to relinquish another harvest to the critters). Obviously, I'm not averse to hand picking!
I have a neighbor on the next street over who also has several plants in the brassica family, and she has NO problems with these guys; I think it's a matter of them not having yet found her plants and focusing totally on mine!

We've had about about 4/10" of rain the past 24 hours so irrigation of the vegetable garden isn't necessary for at least another day or so; the mostly cloudy & coolish conditions are another reason not to water.

I'm including a picture of what I suspect is cabbage worm poop - don't know what else it is. Thought maybe it was eggs but their appearance doesn't jive with what I've read about cabbage worm eggs.


No comments:

Post a Comment