Sunday, March 8, 2009

Little green things popping up!

I'm a little taken aback by all the growth that's taken place on the south side of the house over the past few days. The plant in the image is catmint, which grows as prolifically as kudzu.
The garlic I planted last fall is also coming up, along with dianthus from last year, a volunteer hollyhock, and delphinium. I'm also seeing chives poking through last year's debris.
I started messing with my compost bins today while the temperature was in the upper 40s (but felt much warmer). Compost, however, is still frozen so not much can be done there yet.
Lots of kitchen scraps from our house and my office have piled up over the winter; I'm itchin' to start taking care of it! Plus I have so many leaves that I need to use. I REFUSE to put them out in the garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment