Friday, December 5, 2008

The high & dry valley is definitely dry right now. Very little precipitation during the past month of November. At our house I recorded three wienie precipitation events, all of them snow but it was snow that didn't stay. The upper Rio Grande basin is at 39% of normal right now. The river not far from our house is as low as I've ever seen it (of course, considering that I've been here for only three and a half years is not saying a lot, I realize....).

A few lingering sandhill cranes are still hanging out in the cut barley field just west of our house. They too know we're having a warm autumn and that there's no need to hurry, at least yet. Though when I went running at the nearby State Wildlife Area one morning last week in 10-degree temperatures I wouldn't have said it was mild.....

The dog knows where it's comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment